CBD is an essential component and active ingredients – aside from delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – derived directly from the cannabis hemp plant. However, it does not come with the mind-altering effect usually associated with marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs. In other words, it does not cause a “high” itself, like the marijuana plant. Out of the over 80 chemicals identified in the plant, cannabidiol constitutes about 40% of cannabis extracts. Its oil is made by extracting cannabidiol from the cannabis plant. Which is then diluted with a carrier oil such as hemp seed or coconut oil.
Cannabidiol helps to prevent
the breakdown of certain brain chemical reaction that impacts mood, pain, and mental function. Thereby increasing its blood levels to lessen psychotic symptoms that are associated with certain health conditions.
Apart from this, people also take extract by mouth for a variety of other health issues. Which include anxiety, bipolar disorder, dystonia (a muscle disorder), seizures, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and schizophrenia. Some others inhale it to help them quit smoking. The World Health Organization (WHO) absolves it from any effect indicative of overdependence or abuse by humans.
Other benefits of cannabidiol include:
- Studies have revealed it to be beneficial for patients. Who suffer through the misery of insomnia by assisting with both falling and staying asleep.
- CBD can be applied on the skin to help reduce neuropathic pain and inflammation resulting from arthritis. By impacting the activity of endocannabinoid receptor and interacting with neurotransmitters respectively.
- CBD may help to reduce symptoms that are related to cancer. And side effects associated with the treatment of cancer such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil and its ability to reduce sebum production. Have been revealed by studies to help in the treatment of acne.
- It has also been revealed to help in the modification of circuits in the brain. That are related to drug addiction.
- Studies reveal it to have anti-tumor effects owing to its demonstration in helping. To prevent the spread of breast, brain, prostate, colon and lung cancer in animals.
Cannabidiol is considerably safe when taken by mouth and appropriately in adults. A significant safety concern associated with CBD is its sale as a supplement, rather than a medication. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) do not define products containing cannabidiol as dietary supplements.
Cannabidiol daily doses of 300 mg
Has for up to 6 months has proved safe. Higher doses of between 1200-1500 mg daily have also been used safely for up to four weeks. Cannabidiol sprays delivering 2.5 mg doses have been used under the tongue safely for up to 2 weeks.
However, certain cases of side effects such. As dry mouth, low blood pressure, nausea, fatigue, irritability, light headedness, muscle tightness and drowsiness have been reported. It is also known to interact with several medications. It is, therefore, recommended that you discuss with your doctor. Before you start using CBD oil to avoid potentially harmful interactions.
Also, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid the use of cannabidiol as there. Is yet to be substantial evidence about the safety of taking it.
Though many researches are still being conducted to ascertain the efficacy and safety of CBD oil. Results so far gotten from both earlier and recent studies relate its safety and potency in treating many health issues.